SXSW Music Festival photo by Judy Won
The SXSW Music Festival takes place March 14–20, 2022 in Austin, Texas. Nearly 1,400 Showcasing Artists representing a comprehensive mix of brand new, up-and-coming, international, and legendary artists of all musical genres take the stage for seven nights across the city of Austin.
SXSW Wristband holders will be required to provide proof of a completed primary vaccination series against Covid-19 or a recent negative Covid-19 test in order to collect and maintain their credentials. Please see our Covid-19 Guidelines for more information.
- A SXSW Music Festival Wristband guarantees you will not pay a cover charge to see official SXSW Music Festival Showcases at over 75 stages.
- Admission to all venues is subject to legal capacity.
- Wristbands can only be purchased via the SXSW Wristband Cart by Austinites with a local billing zip code. Limit two per customer.
- The Music Festival Wristband does not include access to SXSW Conference Programming, SXSW Film Festival Programming, the International Day Stage, or the Radio Day Stage.
- Admission to most venues will be subject to minimum age requirements.
- Wristband holders will have Secondary Access to Music Festival Showcases.
- Secondary Access Lines include SXSW Music Festival Wristbands and SXSW Film and Interactive Badges.
- Some showcases may have limited admission policies.
- Your wristband also grants access to SXSW Comedy showcases from March 14-15.
- Wristband pickup begins on Monday, March 14 at 9:00am at the Austin Convention Center in Exhibit Hall 1 (at the corner of Cesar Chavez and Trinity)
- Learn more about wristband purchase requirements here.
- Learn more about the SXSW Music Festival here.