Photo by Amanda Stronza
The SXSW Film Festival celebrates raw innovation and emerging talent from both behind and in front of the camera. Featuring provocative dramas, documentaries, comedies, genre standouts and more, the festival has become known for the high caliber and diversity of films presented and for its smart, enthusiastic audiences.
- Your SXSW Film Festival Wristband grants you access to over 400 screenings over 9 days, without further ticket fees.
- Admission to all theaters is subject to legal capacity and many screenings will fill up.
- Film Festival wristbands provide entry to all screenings in the Secondary Access Lines. Secondary Access Lines include SXSW Film Wristbands and SXSW Music and Interactive Badges.
- Film Festival screenings take place March 9-17, 2018 in venues located in central Austin.
- The best bet venues for Film Festival Wristbands include the Paramount Theatre, Vimeo Theater at Austin Convention Center, ZACH Theatre, and the Rollins Theatre at The Long Center.
- The AFS Cinema is back as a satellite venue for 2018 (specifically for Austin locals)!
- Maximize your time at SXSW by using the Event Status Boards or get accurate line status information for every screening at the festival via the SXSW Go app.
- Your wristband gets you access to the SXSW Festival Shuttle for rides between SXSW venues in Downtown Austin.
- The SXSW Festival Shuttle does not service the Satellite Venue: AFS Cinema
- Wristbands can only be purchased via the SXSW Wristband Cart by Austinites with a local billing zip code. Limit two per customer.
- Film Festival Wristband pickup starts on Thursday, March 8 at 9am at the Austin Convention Center.
- Learn more about wristband purchase requirements here.
- Learn more about the SXSW Film Festival here.